What We Believe
- We believe there is one God who lives forever in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19-20
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word, speaking to us to-day with authority and without error. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- We believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, in His Virgin birth, His sinless life, His death for us on the Cross, His resurrection from the dead, His ascension, and His personal, physical return to earth in power and glory. John 1:14-18, I Thessalonians 4:16-18
- We believe that all of humanity is lost without Christ, that men and women need to turn to God and be born again into God’s family by the power of the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 2:1-10, John 3:5-7
- We believe in the Holy Spirit. We believe He lives in us as believers, and through His indwelling He desires our lives to produce the characteristics of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility and self-control. We believe in His filling and in His empowerment for service in His kingdom. Galatians 5:22-23, 1 Corinthians 12:7-11(2)
- We believe in the resurrection of every person. We believe that God desires all to be reconciled to Him, but at the end of time there will eternal life for believers and eternal judgment for the lost.
- We believe in the unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, and the need to seek community together. We want to become more like Him in every way, and that entails loving Him and loving those within His family.
1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Matthew 22:37-40
- We believe that every individual is the unique creation of God, made by His hand, that He is their Creator and Redeemer, and therefore everyone is worthy of dignity, love and respect.
Psalm 139:13-16, Ephesians 5:1-2